Most American health food stores and many drug stores carry homeopathic medicines, both single medicines and combinations. For convenience there are US mail order companies and web sales too.
Homeopathic medicines, identified by their Latin names, are available worldwide especially in Canada, Europe, India and North and South America. In the USA, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulates homeopathic medicines. Official homeopathic drugs are monographed in the Homeopathic Pharmacopeia of the United States (HPUS) which is an official, non profit pharmacopeia.
Homeopathic medicines that have HPUS on their label have been manufactured according to strict drug standards of the HPUS which first require a complete identification of the starting drug material.
Most homeopathic medicines sold in the USA are available over- the- counter (OTC) without a prescription. A few homeopathic medicines require a prescription like injectables, those made from human sources, those labeled for serious conditions, and those potentially toxic because of material doses of potentially toxic drugs in very low attenuations.
Some US companies who mail order homeopathic medicines:
- Washington Homeopathic Products, is Homeopathy Works in WV, pets & people 1- 800- 336-1695
- Boiron in Pennsylvania 1-800- 258-8823 1 800 BLU TUBE www.boironusa.com
- 1 800 Homeopathy America’s oldest mail order resource
- Hahnemann Laboratories, Inc. in California 1-888-4-ARNICA www.Hahnemannlabs.com
- Homeopathy Overnight in Maine 1- 800- 276-4223 1- 800 Arnica 30
- Homeopathic Educational Services in CA 1- 800-359-9051 www.homeopathic.com
- Standard Homeopathic Company in California 1- 800- 624-9659 www.hylands.com 310- 768- 0700
- King Bio Pharmaceuticals in NC combinations 800 543 3245 www.kingbio.com
- Weleda in NY 1 800 289-1969 x 212 www.weleda.com
- Ohm Pharma manufactures and sells single homeopathic medicines in Texas. 940-325-4797 www.ohmpharma.com
To locate a healthcare provider who knows how to use homeopathy to treat patients with chronic diseases which requires 500-1,000 hours of homeopathic training, consult the online Directory of the National Center for Homeopathy in Virginia or the American Institute of Homeopathy at HomeopathyUSA.org