Every day there are more resources for Homeopathy as its use grows.
1. The American Institute of Homeopathy ( AIH) is a trade association of medical doctors plus dentists, advanced nurse practitioners and physician assistants who practice homeopathy and who are also trained in conventional medicine. Founded in 1844 the AIH is the oldest national medical organization in the USA. predating the American Medical Association by several years. Dr. Wilson is a past president of the AIH.
The mission of the American Institute of Homeopathy is the promotion of healthcare through homeotherapeutics. By following the AIH link www.homeopathyusa.org you will find a homeopathic practitioner in your area of the USA as well as information on homeopathic research, events, professional homeopathic medical education, and the opportunity to subscribe to their journal , The American Journal of Homeopathic Medicine.
This Journal is a peer-reviewed scientific journal, specifically intended to meet the needs of physicians involved in the specialty of homeopathy. The editor invites original manuscripts, feature articles, research reports, ‘Homeopathic Grand Rounds’ cases studies, abbreviated case reports for ‘Clinical Snapshots,’ seminar reports, and position papers that focus on homeopathy, as well as book reviews and letters to the editor.
Contact the AIH at The American Institute of Homeopathy
c/o Sandra M. Chase, MD, DHt, Trustee
10418 Whitehead St.
Fairfax, VA 22030
2. The Homeopathic Pharmacopeia of the United States (HPUS) is a non profit pharmacopeia maintained and published online at www.hpus.com by the Homeopathic Pharmacopeia Convention of the United States (HPCUS). Listed online in the HPUS are over 1200 official homeopathic drugs in prescription and non-prescription potencies. You may purchase online access to the Pharmacopeia by day, month or year. Online access will enable you to get official drug monographs and potency tables plus manufacturing details a necessity for companies creating new homeopathic drugs for retail sale.
3. The American Board of Homeotherapeutics is a specialty board certification in homeopathy.for Doctors, MD’s or DO’s.
The ABHt was founded in 1959 and incorporated in 1960 (New York) for the purpose of promoting the science of homeopathy, and demonstrating its effectiveness to the medical profession, and insuring homeopathy’s growth as a viable medical specialty in the U.S. The ABHt grants Diplomate (advanced specialty) status (D.Ht.) to those medical and osteopathic physician applicants who meet the prerequisites and successfully pass a written and an oral examination. More information can be found online at www.http://homeopathyusa.org/specialty-board.html
4. The National Center for Homeopathy at www.homeopathycenter.org is a national non profit association of members passionate about homeopathy.
From their yearly membership educational meeting on homeopathy to Webinars like The Homeopathy Academy for Moms, their magazine, Homeopathy Today, to helping you find a skilled homeopathic practitioner worldwide in your area, plus finding a remedy resource , list of homeopathic pharmaceutical companies, book sellers, and homeopathic study groups, plus news and research information, the NCH is a must go to resource.
5. STATES in USA that LICENSE Medical Doctors or Osteopathic doctors as HOMEOPATHIC PHYSICIANS:
Being licensed as a homeopathic physician is available only to medical doctors (M.D.) and doctors of osteopathy (D.O.) in Arizona, Connecticut, and Nevada. Arizona and Nevada also recognize, through certification or registration, homeopathic assistants who are allowed to perform medical services under the direction of a homeopathic physician.
1. The Arizona Board of Homeopathic and Integrated Medicine Examiners www.azhomeopathbd.az.gov/examines, licenses, and regulates homeopathic physicians and homeopathic assistants. It licenses Medical Doctors and Osteopathic Doctors as Homeopathic Physicians in Arizona.
1400 W. Washington, Room 230
Phoenix AZ 85007
2. The Nevada Board of Homeopathic Medical Examiners licenses MD’s and DO’s (775) 324-3353,
6. Homeopathic Academy of Naturopathic Physicians: Awards DHANP homeopathic certification for Naturopathic Doctors. www.hanp.net Search a Directory of Naturopathic physicians trained in Classical Homeopathy.
7. Council for Homeopathic Certification: http://www.homeopathicdirectory.com/Awards to professionals CCH: Certified in Classical Homeopathy. In 1991 the Council for Homeopathic Certification (CHC) was formed in response to a new vision for the future of homeopathy as a unified profession of highly trained and certified practitioners.To date, we have certified more practitioners than any other professional homeopathic organization.
8. National Center for Complementary & Alternative Medicine | NCCAM is a government organization in USA that funds considerable research in Alternative Medicine like Homeopathy and is part of the National Institute of Health of the United States. http://nccam.nih.gov/ Extensive information on complementary medicine including homeopathy, research activities and answers to questions from the US National Institute of Health.
9. The Liga is the Liga Medicorum Homoeopathica Internationalis (LMHI) http://www.lmhi.org/ an international homeopathic medical society established in Rotterdam, Holland in 1925. The LMHI represents homeopathic physicians in more than 70 countries all over the world. The purposes of the association are the development and securing of homeopathy worldwide and the creation of a link among licensed homeopaths with medical diplomas and societies and persons who are interested in homeopathy. The LMHI is exclusively devoted to non-profit activities serving philanthropic benefits.
10. The American Board of Intergrative and Holistic Medicine has certified Dr.Wilson and many others.
The ABIHM is the premiere resource for integrative holistic medicine for all health professionals to learn how to apply the principles of integrative holistic medicine into practice from the luminaries in our field. Experience our content live at our Annual Conference or earn CME online on our E-Learning page. If you are an MD or a DO, take advantage of the final planned opportunities to become a Diplomate in 2014!
The ABIHM is in deep discussion with the American Holistic Medical Association as we develop into an international academy called the Academy of Integrative Health & Medicine (AIHM). The AIHM is anticipated to become the world’s largest platform for the practice of integrative medicine; by combining science with compassion, we aim to transform health and medical care.
11. North American Society of Homeopaths (NASH) http://www.homeopathy.org/ certifies practitioners in homeopathy and has membership and volunteer opportunities.
12. US Food and Drug Administration search for homeopathy
Government organization that regulates homeopathic medicines, chemical drugs, herbs and other food supplements.
13. British Homeopathic website with worldwide links, comprehensive http://www.homeopathyhome.com
14. Herbal Research Foundation http://www.herbs.org/index.html Very easy to use herbal data base.
15. There are homeopathic medical professional books now available to search free on line at http://homeoint.org Search text of homeopathic books: (French and English) You can read about individual homeopathic medicine indications (materia medica), repertories, etc. Kent, Organon, Hahnemann’s Chronic Disease, Boger’s Keynotes, etc.
16. The Samueli Institute. Exploring the science of healing. Has Integrative medicine research
17. Healthy.net is a comprehensive site on complementary and alternative medicine. Has an e newsletter.
Dr Wilson recommends the following books to learn about homeopathic home care. These are beginning books.
- Homeopathic Medicine at Home by Maesimund Panos, MD and Jane Heimlich A good first- aid book. Easy touse with tables and small section on pets. 317 pages.
- The Family Guide to Homeopathy by Dr.Andrew Lockie 463 pages, very comprehensive, much more than first-aid by this British medical doctor.
- The Consumer’s Guide to Homeopathy by Dana Ullman, MPH 400+ pages, lot’s of self-care information and resources.
- The Family Guide to Homeopathy by Alain Horvilleur, MD. Everything in alphabetical order for ease of use with color photos. 249 pages by this French family medical doctor.
- Healing with Homeopathy, The Complete Guide by Wayne Jonas, MD and Jennifer Jacobs, MD. Very basic first-aid with lots of research references. 349 pages.
- Homeopathy for Women by Dr.Barry Rose and Dr. Christina Scott-Moncrieff Full color with pictures of plants used to make medicines and 800 phone numbers for ordering medicines from US Homeopathic Pharmacies.176 pages.
Clinical Trials for Patients in USA.
The US government has a site listing all clinical trials using grant money through the National Institute of Health. Check this out if you want to participate in new treatment in a research trial.
Links to for profit Homeopathic Health Care Web Sites:
- Homeopathic Educational Services in California. www.homeopathic.com 510-649-0294 Publisher and distributor of discounted homeopathic books, homeopathic software, and home care homeopathic medical kits and homeopathic remedies.
2. Boironusa.com Blue tube pellets and kits, sells combination and single remedy homeopathic medicines. One of largest homeopathic pharmaceutical companies in the world and based in France.
3. Hylands Homeopathic in Los Angeles manufactures many homeopathic traditional remedies for self care.
4. Homeopathy Works is Washington Homeopathic Products in West Virginia, USA . Sells self care homeopathic single and combination remedies for people and pets plus homeopathic home care kits.
5. Ohm Pharma in Texas sells single homeopathic medicines and homeopathic home care kits.
6. Hahnemann Labs and Pharmacy in California. Manufactures single homeopathic medicines and sells home remedy kits.
7. Heelusa.com One of the world’s leading manufacturers of homeopathic combination medications. Serves consumers and professionals from New Mexico with main branch in Germany. Refers consumers to a store in their area.